About UNI ScholarWorks
UNI ScholarWorks (ISSN 2578-3637) is brought to you by Rod Library's Digital Scholarship unit at the University of Northern Iowa. Go to the Digital Scholarship Services page for more information.
What is it?
UNI ScholarWorks is a collection of services designed to capture and showcase all research, creative, and scholarly output by the University of Northern Iowa community by bringing it all together under one umbrella, with the aim to preserve and provide access to that research. These services include:
- Identifying and making available via the UNI ScholarWorks web site documents and files produced by the faculty, research groups, staff, students and affliates of the University of Northern Iowa community
- Distribution of regular reports that provide data on the impact and usage of faculty publications
- Access to simple and inexpensive electronic publishing of original series, journals, and monographs
- Promotion of research efforts via a searchable database, reports to key administrators and stakeholders, and coordination with other research recognition activities
- Creation of UNI SelectedWorks pages which highlight the scholarly accomplishments of each individual faculty member
Posting a document provides faculty, staff, and students many advantages:
- Where you publish makes a difference – studies have shown that open access articles have more views/downloads than non-open access articles. Open access articles tend to be more frequently used and cited, therefore research has higher impact.
- Enhances professional visibility and impact through broader dissemination and increased use of research
- More citations to and downloads of Works
- Supports graduate scholarship by providing public access to theses and dissertations
- Provides a quick, effortless, and inexpensive method of sharing research
- Helps remove the significant access barriers to research and publicly funded scholarship
- Provides substantial support of University of Northern Iowa’s scholarly communication efforts by facilitating the entire publishing and dissemination process
- Gives researchers information on how often their works are being used through monthly download reports
Who Can Contribute?
We accept works created by any University of Northern Iowa department, research unit, or center. We accept works created by UNI faculty, faculty, and students with authorization from a sponsoring department or faculty member. Other individuals affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa (e.g., contributors to University of Northern Iowa sponsored conferences and journals) can contribute works to the repository.
What Types of Materials?Final versions of your output are welcome and may include many types of materials includes but is not limited to:
- journal publications
- conference papers and proceedings
- working papers
- book chapters
- administrative and policy documents
- theses and dissertations
Can Materials be Removed?
UNI ScholarWorks is intended to be permanent record, therefore removing content from public viewing is strongly discouraged. Authors will be notified by the repository administrator before removal of any content. Authors wishing to remove or update their content should contact the repository administrator at email@example.com.
How Can I Add Materials?
Adding your materials to UNI ScholarWorks is easy! For faculty and staff publications send us a copy of your vita, and staff in the Digital Scholarship Unit will take care of the rest. For other types of works, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a consultation about the project. If you have questions about contributing to UNI ScholarWorks, you may contact the site administrators at email@example.com or contact your Library Liaison.
Registered with ROAR
UNI ScholarWorks has been registered with the Registry of Open Access Repositories (ROAR) since spring 2016. ROAR is a searchable international database indexing the creation, location, and growth of open access institutional repositories and their contents. To date (spring 2018), over 3,000 institutional and cross-institutional repositories have been registered. See the UNI ScholarWorks ROAR entry (ROAR ID 11437) for details.
Feedback From Users
- Tabea, a student from Germany, states, "... I'm writing my master thesis in the field of Marketing. Having access to this publication [Relevant decision criteria and their level of importance in consumers' choice of hospital] helped me gain valuable insights regarding the topic of my thesis..."
- Hannah, a student, states, "As a graduate student, I can continue my research and learning experience knowing I have reliable resources at hand!”
For assistance in using the UNI ScholarWorks services or to learn more about the project, please contact: