The Iowa Academy of Science began publishing the Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science in 1887 and continued until 1987, when it became known as the peer-reviewed Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science. The change coincided with the 100th Annual Meeting of the Academy, concluding a process that began in 1971 when the Proceedings became a quarterly periodical which included papers that had not been presented at the previous annual meeting.
See the Aims and Scope for a complete coverage of the journal.
Current Volume 94, Number 4 (1987)
Issue cover date: December 1987
General Interest Article
Annual Report of the Iowa Academy of Science, 1986-87 p. 135-147
James G. MacMillan
An Exposure of the Sangamon Soil in Southeastern Minnesota p. 111-115
R. S. Lively, E. A. Bettis III, G. R. Hallberg, and H. Hobbs