Open Access Graduate Research Paper
This study is concerned with the investigation of lamination using particleboard and hardboard as substrates for overlays. The purpose of the research includes the following:
1. To acquire information about the history and construction processes of particleboard, hardboard, and plastic laminates.
2. To investigate the procedural application of plastic laminates and vinyl overlays to particleboard and hardboard substrates.
3. To relate to the industrial arts students the industrial use of overlays laminated to a substrate.
4. To develop an instructional unit to be used in the industrial arts program.
5. To construct a school shop project in the area of lamination.
The value in the investigation will be the writer's increased knowledge of the lamination field which will be of great value in the development and construction of a lamination unit in the school shop.
Year of Submission
Master of Arts
Department of Industrial Arts and Technology
Willis H. Wagner
1 PDF file (ii, 58 pages)
©1972 Jerry Dean De Penning
De Penning, Jerry Dean, "The Use of Hardboard and Particleboard for Composition Panels in Furniture Construction" (1972). Graduate Research Papers. 3606.