Louis H. Sullivan
The Sullivan Center, formerly known as the Carson, Pirie, Scott and Company Building or Carson, Pirie, Scott and Company Store, is a commercial building at 1 South State Street. Louis Sullivan designed it for the retail firm Schlesinger & Mayer in 1899 and later expanded it before H.G. Selfridge & Co. purchased the structure in 1904.
©1999 Carl L. Thurman
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
Thurman, Carl L., "[IL, Chicago. 18] Carson, Pirie, Scott and Company Building. 05" (1999). Louis H. Sullivan Structures Image Gallery. 39.
Buildings--Pictorial works; Sullivan, Louis H., 1856-1924--Pictorial works;