In the summer of 1924 the writer found along the Wisconsin shore of the Mississippi river, during a period of very low water, at a place about two miles south-east of Waukon Junction, Iowa, many small fragments of pottery, flint chips, and a couple of arrow heads.
Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science
©1927 Iowa Academy of Science, Inc.
"An Apparently Very Old Prehistoric Camp Site,"
Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science, 34(1), 225-227.
Available at: https://scholarworks.uni.edu/pias/vol34/iss1/57