Gr. 9; Gr. 10; Gr. 11; Gr. 12; Gr. Secondary
Activities and Labs
Environmental science--Experiments; Ecology--Experiments; Atmospheric physics--Experiments;
Objective: Students will gain an understanding of acid deposit ion and the environmental impact it has both nationally and globally. National Science Standards: As a result of these activities, students in grades 9-12, will
• develop skills in scientific inquiry (standard A).
• observe changes in properties of matter (standard B).
• gain an understanding of environmental quality related to both natural and human-induced hazards (standard F).
• understand that science is a global challenge (standard F).
• evaluate results of scientific experiments and observations (standard F).
Department of Earth Science
STORM Project - Science Center for Teaching, Outreach, and Research on Meteorology
©2007 The STORM Project, University of Northern Iowa
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
STORM Project, "There's a Hole in My Umbrella: A Mini-Unit on Acid Deposition" (2007). Open Educational Resources. 8.