The museum at the University of Northern Iowa has been an important adjunct of the institution since the last decade of the nineteenth century. The first 65 or so years of its existence are reviewed by the late Mr. Fred Cram, then archivist at the Iowa State Teachers College, in a 15-page paper, “The Museum at the Iowa State Normal School,” prepared in 1955 at the request of Dr. Emmett J. Cable, curator of the museum. The information on this era, summarized below, is gleaned from this paper unless otherwise noted.
UNI ScholarWorks, University of Northern Iowa, Rod Library
©1975 UNI Museum, University of Northern Iowa
Sauer, Pauline L., "History of the University of Northern Iowa Museum, 1890-1975" (1975). Documents. 6.