• Instructor’s goals for the course & How did this collaboration get started?
• First session -introduction to advanced Google searching, Google Scholar, ERIC
• Subsequent research days focused on:
- locating local data state and district level data for Iowa
- locating national and state-by-state level data
- locating relevant research articles
- allowing for failure (what if our topic doesn’t work?)
- lots of consulting with librarian and primary professor throughout
• Consulting with other experts (on campus and off)
UNI ScholarWorks, Rod Library, University of Northern Iowa
©2019 Chris Neuhaus, Jim Kelly, and Chris Opsal
Neuhaus, Chris F.; Kelly, Jim; and Opsal, Chris, "An Education About Education Data: Embedded Librarians, Education Students, and a Data Odyssey" (2019). Library Documents & Reports (entire collection). 48.