Dissertations and Theses @ UNI
Listen to Sound Recording
Click links below to listen to recital tracks (UNI access only).
Click the blue "Download" button for the text document (UNI access only)
- 01 Handel - La resurrezione - Disserratevi, o porte d'Averno!
- 02 Liszt - Comment, disaient-ils
- 03 Liszt - Enfant, si j'étais roi
- 04 Liszt - O! quand de jors
- 05 Brahms - Auf dem Kirchhofe
- 06 Brahms - Anklänge
- 07 Brahms - Lerchengesang
- 08 Brahms - Botschaft
- 09 Hagen - Dear Youth pt.1 [clip]
- 10 Hagen - Dear Youth pt.2 [clip]
- 11 Hagen - Dear Youth pt.3 [clip]
- 12 Hagen - Dear Youth pt.4 [clip]
- 13 Hagen - Dear Youth pt.5 [clip]
- 14 Hagen - Dear Youth pt.6 [clip]
- 15 Hagen - Dear Youth pt.7 [clip]
- 16 Hagen - Dear Youth pt.8 [clip]
- 17 Dvořák - from Cigánské melodie, Op.55
Thesis (UNI Access Only)
Songs (High voice) with piano;
Emily Secor, soprano, presented her graduate voice recital on Thursday March 22, 2017 at 8:00 p.m. The recital was held in Davis Hall in the Gallagher-Bluedorn Performing Arts Center at the University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls, Iowa. This recital was given in partial fulfillment of the Master of Music degree in voice performance. In collaboration with James Jenkins, piano, Emily Secor performed selections by George Frideric Handel, Franz Liszt, Johannes Brahms, Daron Hagen, and Antonín Dvořák. Flautist Michelle Meadows was featured in the Hagen song cycle, Dear Youth. This abstract serves as a brief analysis of the historical background, text, and musical characteristics present in the listed selections.
Year of Submission
Master of Music
School of Music
Mitra Sadeghpour, Chair, Thesis Committee
17 audio files + 1 PDF file (11 pages)
©2018 Emily Secor
Secor, Emily, "Graduate recital in voice" (2018). Dissertations and Theses @ UNI. 569.
Due to copyright restrictions certain audio files may be limited in length of play, may be limited to University of Northern Iowa access only, and may be unavailable for download.