Listen to Sound Recording
Click links below to listen to recital tracks (UNI access only).
Click the blue "Download" button for the text document (UNI access only).
- 01 Haydn - Auf starkem Fittige
- 02 Debussy - Quatre nouvelles mélodies - L’archet
- 03 Debussy - Quatre nouvelles mélodies - Le matelot qui tombe à l’eau
- 04 Debussy - Quatre nouvelles mélodies - Romance
- 05 Debussy - Quatre nouvelles mélodies - Les elfes
- 06 Holst - Four Songs for Voice and Violin - I. Jesu sweet, now will I sing
- 07 Holst - Four Songs for Voice and Violin - II. My soul has not but fire and ice
- 08 Holst - Four Songs for Voice and Violin - III. I sing of a maiden that matchless is
- 09 Holst - Four Songs for Voice and Violin - IV. My leman is so true of love
- 10 Donizetti - Il dolce suono - Spargi d’amaro pianto
Thesis (UNI Access Only)
Songs (High voice) with instrumental ensemble;
On Friday March 13, 2015, Sarah Draffen presented a graduate recital in partial fulfillment of the Master of Music in Voice Performance. Collaborators included pianist Dr. Korey Barrett, Lydia Pakala on violin and Natalie Neshyba on flute. The first half of the program consisted of an oratorio aria entitled “Auf starkem Fittige,” from the oratorio Die Schöpfung by Joseph Haydn, followed by a group of four songs by Claude Debussy, entitled “L’archet,” “Le matelot qui tombe a l’eau,” “Romance,” and “Les elfes.” The second half began with the song set Four Songs For Voice and Violin by Gustave Holst, and ended with the aria “Il dolce suono… Spargi d’amaro pianto,” from the opera Lucia di Lamermoor by Gaetano Donizetti.
Year of Submission
Master of Music
School of Music
Jean McDonald, Chair
10 audio files + 1 PDF file
©2015 Sarah Draffen
Draffen, Sarah, "A graduate recital in voice" (2015). Dissertations and Theses @ UNI. 271.