Listen to Sound Recording
Click links below to listen to recital tracks.
Click the blue "Download" button for the text document.
- 01 Smith - Opening Remarks [clip; UNI access only]
- 02 Carter - Saeta [clip; UNI access only]
- 03 Bach - Cello Suite in C Minor Sarabande
- 04 Weinberg - Table Talk [clip; UNI access only]
- 05 Martynciow - Impressions pour Caisse Claire et Deux Toms [clip; UNI access only]
- 06 Cage - In a Landscape [clip; UNI access only]
- 07 Xenakis - Psappha [clip; UNI access only]
Open Access Thesis
This recital abstract serves as supplemental material to the Master of Music degree recital by Tyler Darnall. The recital will take place on April 15, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. Central Standard Time in Davis Hall at the University of Northern Iowa. This recital will feature works by Jeffrey Dennis Smith, Elliott Carter, J.S. Bach, Alyssa Weinberg, Nicolas Martynciow, John Cage, and Iannis Xenakis. Aiden Endres, Nicole Loftus, Xander Webb, and Matthew Kokotivich will be collaborating with Darnall for his recital. In addition to providing musical and historical context, this document will address specific considerations regarding performance practice for each piece.
Year of Submission
Master of Music
School of Music
Daniel Swilley, Chair, Recital Committee
1 PDF file (unnumbered pages)
©2022 Tyler Darnall
Darnall, Tyler, "MM percussion recital" (2022). Dissertations and Theses @ UNI. 1229.
Click below to download additional content.03 Bach - Cello Suite in C Minor Sarabande.mp3 (2926 kB)