Listen to Sound Recording
Click links below to watch videos.
Click the blue "Download" button for the text document.
- 01 Corea - Armando's Rhumba [clip; UNI access only]
- 02 McBride - Flippin' the Bird
- 03 Warren - September in the Rain [clip; UNI access only]
- 04 Schou - Nervous Energy [clip; UNI access only]
- 05 Shorter - Mahjong [clip; UNI access only]
- 06 McBride - Babu
- 07 Mercer - I'm an Old Cowhand (From the Rio Grande) [clip; UNI access only]
- 08 Jones - Kids Are Pretty People [clip; UNI access only]
- 09 McBride - Reese's Pieces
Open Access Thesis
The purpose of this recital is to partially fulfill the requirements for the Master of Music degree in Jazz Pedagogy, and to display musical proficiency on piano, bass guitar, and drum set. Max McBride scheduled his graduate jazz recital for April 16, 2021, at 8:00 pm.
With nine pieces on the recital program, the recitalist will play five on the piano, and two additional pieces on drum set and bass, respectively. The repertoire was chosen to allow the performer to display proficiency on all three instruments while highlighting the performer’s main instrument, piano. The instrumentation and ensemble size will vary throughout the recital.
Year of Submission
Master of Music
School of Music
Chris Merz, Chair
1 PDF file (27 pages)
©2021 Max Niles McBride
McBride, Max Niles, "Master's recital: Max McBride" (2021). Dissertations and Theses @ UNI. 1103.
Click below to download additional content.02 McBride - Flippin' the Bird.mp4 (10697 kB)
06 McBride - Babu.mp4 (13954 kB)
09 McBride - Reese's Pieces.mp4 (21755 kB)