Through its activities, the Regents' Center aims to accomplish the following:
- Develop research-based programs and curriculum materials that respect the unique developmental needs of young children and their families.
- Promote applied and interdisciplinary research in early education.
- Disseminate information about developmentally appropriate early education to educators, parents, and the public at state, national, and international levels through workshops, conferences, and publications.
- Assist in developing early education programs for at-risk children and their families.
- Inform policy makers about the developmental and educational needs of young children and their families.
- Promote interinstitutional collaboration among the three State Regents' universities, other educational agencies, and government agencies.