Gr. 9; Gr. 10; Gr. 11; Gr. 12; Gr. Secondary
Activities and Labs
Environmental science--Experiments; Ecology--Experiments; Atmospheric physics--Experiments;
- Analyze dispersion models
- Use computer models to predict outcomes of various scenarios
9-12 NSES Standards:
- Standard A: Inquiry - Abilities necessary to do scientific inquiry and Understanding about scientific inquiry
- Standard E: Science and Technology - Abilities of technological design and Understanding about science and technology
- Standard F: Science in Personal and Social Perspectives - Personal and community health, Population growth, Natural resources, Environmental quality, Natural and human-induced hazards, Science and technology in local, national, and global challenges
Department of Earth Science
STORM Project - Science Center for Teaching, Outreach, and Research on Meteorology
©2007 The STORM Project, University of Northern Iowa
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
STORM Project, "Understanding Dispersion Models Using Computer Technology" (2007). Open Educational Resources. 3.