Gr. 6; Gr. 7; Gr. 8; Gr. Middle school
Activities and Labs
Environmental science--Experiments; Ecology--Experiments; Atmospheric physics--Experiments;
• Make predictions and explanations based from evidence.
• Identify sources of air pollution that affect air quality.
• Interpret and apply the Air Quality Index.
• Have the desire to share Air Quality information with others.
5-8 NSES Standards:
• Standard A: Inquiry •Standard D: Structure of Earth Systems
•Standard E: Science and Technology
•Standard F: Personal Health, Population, Resources, Environmental and Natural Hazards, Risks and Benefits, Science and Technology in Society
9-12 NSES Standards:
• Standard A: Inquiry
• Standard D: Geochemical Cycles, Origin and Evoluti
on of the Earth System
• Standard E: Science and Technology
• Standard F: Personal and Community Health, Environmental Quality, Natural and Human Induced Hazards, Science and Technology in Local, National, and Global Challenges
Department of Earth Science
STORM Project - Science Center for Teaching, Outreach, and Research on Meteorology
©2007 The STORM Project, University of Northern Iowa
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
STORM Project, "Is Air Quality in the Index?" (2007). Open Educational Resources. 13.