Although a number of operators have had charge of the station, headquarters has always been located at Parsons College. In January, 1931, the station was opened on the Parsons College campus, but the misdirected interest of students soon necessitated a change, and a small wooded tract, known as "Old Settler's Park," just northeast of the city limits was chosen. Here, during the greater part of each winter and spring, the traps have been set and operated. Summer months have seen other and more convenient locations utilized. A sub-station has been operated for three years during the Chimney Swift migration on chimneys in town.
Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science
© Copyright 1937 by the Iowa Academy of Science, Inc.
Bartlett, Wesley H.
"Bird Banding at Parsons College,"
Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science, 44(1), 183-187.
Available at: https://scholarworks.uni.edu/pias/vol44/iss1/83