The Water Analysis Laboratories of the American Expeditionary Forces began their work in January and February, 1918. The personnel consisted of Engineer and Medical Department officers and men. The Medical Department representatives were almost entirely from the Sanitary Corps and were furnished to the Engineer Department under provisions of G. 0. 108, War Department, Washington, 1917. The organization formed a part of the Water Supply Service which was built around the 26th Engineers, the Water Supply Regiment, as a nucleus.
Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science
©1920 Iowa Academy of Science, Inc.
Hinman, Jack J. Jr.
"Some Experiences with Laboratory Control of Field Water Supplies,"
Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science, 27(1), 253-257.
Available at: https://scholarworks.uni.edu/pias/vol27/iss1/51