This area is located chiefly in Polk County, one to three miles west of Camp Dodge in a swampy section of the south side of Beaver Creek valley. It is just north of the recessional moraine that extends in an east-west direction across parts of Polk and Dallas counties. Within an area about a mile wide and two or three miles long lying mostly in sections 19 and 20 of Jefferson township, there are a dozen or more eskers which the writer first studied during observations made in this locality in 1910.
Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science
©1920 Iowa Academy of Science, Inc.
Smith, John E.
"A Field of Eskers in Central Iowa,"
Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science, 27(1), 180-180.
Available at: https://scholarworks.uni.edu/pias/vol27/iss1/23