During the prosecution of field study of the gypsum for the Iowa Geological Survey the writer found immediately beneath the gypsum in several places a basal conglomerate which has not heretofore been described in reports on the region. The locality where this conglomerate is best developed is in a ravine on the west side of Des Moines River opposite Two Mile creek about three miles south of Fort Dodge. The Fort Dodge, Des Moines and Southern railway extends along this ravine and has exposed the conglomerate in some of its cuttings.
Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science
©1918 Iowa Academy of Science, Inc.
Lees, James H.
"Some Features of the Fort Dodge Gypsum,"
Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science, 25(1), 587-597.
Available at: https://scholarworks.uni.edu/pias/vol25/iss1/55