Listen to Sound Recording
Click links below to listen to recital tracks.
Click the blue "Download" button for the text document.
- 01 Smith - Skip Step [clip; UNI access only]
- 02 Davis - Four [clip; UNI access only]
- 03 Brown - Sandu [clip; UNI access only]
- 04 Shorter - Footprints [clip; UNI access only]
- 05 Pettiford - Tricotism [clip; UNI access only]
- 06 Dorham - Blue Bossa [clip; UNI access only]
- 07 Montgomery - Four on Six (in Ten) [clip; UNI access only]
- 08 Sanders - Wind Song - The Machine
- 09 Sanders - Rejoice
Open Access Thesis
The purpose of this recital is to partially fulfill the requirements for the Master of Music degree in Jazz Pedagogy, and to display musical proficiency on drum set, piano, and bass guitar. Luke Sanders presented his graduate jazz recital on April 24, 2022, at 4:00 PM in Bengtson Auditorium. The recital program included ten pieces in total: two pieces on drum set, piano, and bass guitar, and four pieces on electric guitar. These pieces displayed an eclectic set of styles and skills pertinent to the demands of the jazz pedagogy degree. The pieces performed featured various ensemble sizes and instrumentations including a trio with two basses and drum set, a quintet with two saxophonists, and a quartet with two saxes, a drummer, and the recitalist on bass.
Year of Submission
Master of Music
School of Music
Christopher Merz, Chair, Recital Committee
1 PDF file (39 pages)
©2022 Matthew Lucas Sanders
Sanders, Matthew Lucas, "Master's recital: Luke Sanders" (2022). Dissertations and Theses @ UNI. 1230.
Click below to download additional content.08 Sanders - Wind Song - The Machine.mp3 (10204 kB)
09 Sanders - Rejoice.mp3 (5882 kB)